Trail & Treat
Enjoy safe trick-or-treating while walking the paved trail at Williams Park! The event is from 5-7 p.m. on October 28.
Booth Space at Trail & Treat
Businesses and organizations can register for a free booth at Trail and Treat!
Booth spaces are 10-by-10 and available to hand out candy, promo items, or anything related to your business or organization. The selling of items is not allowed. There is no fee for participation.
Vendor trail location will be sent to all registered vendors, by e-mail, 3-5 days prior to the event, including an overhead site map of the park displaying each booth by number.
We will be awarding the best-decorated booth with a trophy and a special treat. Please do not use strobe lighting or fog machines.
We have seen up to 4,000 people attend this event.
Brownsburg Parks takes the safety and welfare of all participants and employees seriously. This policy is designed to give guidance to employees, parents, and registered participants in situations where an activity may need to be canceled. Employees may use their best judgment in certain situations and some determinations/cancellations may be made at a facility, program, or event.
Time Frame for Cancellations:
- Morning Activity: determined by 7:30 am
- Afternoon/Evening Activity: determined by 4 pm
- Special Events: determined three hours prior to start
All registered participants will receive an email from Brownsburg Parks within 15 minutes of the decision to cancel the activity. Cancellation information also will be posted on Brownsburg Parks Facebook and Twitter pages.
Severe Weather Policy
Programs, special events, and other activities may be canceled and facilities closed under the conditions outlined below:
- Extreme Cold Weather Conditions. Cold weather reported or forecasted to be 25 degrees or below OR any
- combination of wind and temperature that is 25 degrees or will warrant outdoor program cancellation.
- Icy Weather Conditions will lead to cancellations: When the National Weather Service has issued a travel warning; When road visibility is severely limited; and When partner facilities are not available due to closure. (Example - school closure ).
- Snow Fall Conditions/Blizzard will lead to cancellations: When the National Weather Service has issued a travel warning; When road visibility is severely limited; and When partner facilities are not available due to closure. (Example -school closure ).
- Extreme Heat Weather Conditions. When heat and humidity are such that participants engaged in vigorous activities for prolonged periods could become over-heated and continued activity becomes dangerous programs may be cancelled.
Follow the guidelines below for specific weather conditions.
- Heat Index. When the heat index (combination of temperature and relative humidity) reaches 105 or greater.
Brownsburg Parks routinely takes photos and videos of participants for promotional purposes. Be aware that by participating, you are granting the department the right to use and publish your image or your minor child’s image.