Christmas Under The Stars
Welcome to Brownsburg's Christmas Under the Stars - an enchanting event that will transport you to a winter wonderland! The town sparkles with thousands of twinkling lights and festive decorations, creating a magical atmosphere. Join us for a night of merriment, where you can sip on hot cocoa, indulge in delicious holiday treats, shop local for the perfect gift for everyone on your list, and even meet Santa Claus!
Saturday, December 2
Downtown Brownsburg and Town Hall Green (61 N. Green St.)
Winter Market, 4-8 PM
Shop at the Winter Market with over 20 vendors on Town Hall Green beginning at 4 PM.
Santa's Workshop, 4-8 PM
Join the Brownsburg Public Library in Eaton Hall to create crafts with a holiday theme!
Business Holiday Decorating Contest, 4-6 PM
Vote for your favorite decorated business at the WYRZ booth during Christmas Under the Stars on Town Hall Green! The winner will receive the Brownsburg Beam of Light award, sponsored by the Greater Brownsburg Chamber of Commerce.
Businesses can enter the contest online.
Begins at 6 PM.
- Parade begins on Main St. at Eastern Ave. intersection.
- Travels west, then turns north on N. Green St. to parade end at Enderly Ave.
Interested businesses and organizations can register for a float in the parade online.
Tree Lighting, 7:15 PM
The tree lighting ceremony will take place at Town Hall Green. The Jr. Grand Marshal will light the tree.
Photos with Santa, 7:15 PM
Visit Santa in the Town Hall lobby for a photo! Enter through Eaton Hall.
Event Accessibility Features
Paths through the Winter Market are wheelchair accessible.
During Christmas Under the Stars, an indoor sensory room will be available for visitors to self-regulate and relax away from stimulation. Located inside the Town Council Room, this sensory room features coloring sheets, sensory toys, comfortable seating, headphones, and soft music to provide a calming environment during the event.
- Grumpy Gringo
Drink Vendors (Non-Alcoholic)
- Sweet Lemon
Beer & Wine Garden
- Books & Brews
Brownsburg Parks takes the safety and welfare of all participants and employees seriously. This policy is designed to give guidance to employees, parents, and registered participants in situations where an activity may need to be canceled. Employees may use their best judgment in certain situations and some determinations/cancellations may be made at a facility, program, or event.
Time Frame for Cancellations:
- Morning Activity: determined by 7:30 am
- Afternoon/Evening Activity: determined by 4 pm
- Special Events: determined three hours prior to start
All registered participants will receive an email from Brownsburg Parks within 15 minutes of the decision to cancel the activity. Cancellation information also will be posted on Brownsburg Parks Facebook and Twitter pages.
Severe Weather Policy
Programs, special events, and other activities may be canceled and facilities closed under the conditions outlined below:
- Extreme Cold Weather Conditions. Cold weather reported or forecasted to be 25 degrees or below OR any
- combination of wind and temperature that is 25 degrees or will warrant outdoor program cancellation.
- Icy Weather Conditions will lead to cancellations: When the National Weather Service has issued a travel warning; When road visibility is severely limited; and When partner facilities are not available due to closure. (Example - school closure ).
- Snow Fall Conditions/Blizzard will lead to cancellations: When the National Weather Service has issued a travel warning; When road visibility is severely limited; and When partner facilities are not available due to closure. (Example -school closure ).
- Extreme Heat Weather Conditions. When heat and humidity are such that participants engaged in vigorous activities for prolonged periods could become over-heated and continued activity becomes dangerous programs may be cancelled.
Follow the guidelines below for specific weather conditions.
- Heat Index. When the heat index (combination of temperature and relative humidity) reaches 105 or greater.
Brownsburg Parks routinely takes photos and videos of participants for promotional purposes. Be aware that by participating, you are granting the department the right to use and publish your image or your minor child’s image.